Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gun owners are compensating for something.

-->

A facebook debate

SDL:  Nope, you live in fear! get the hell out of your tyranic federation and come enjoying european democracies!

CR:  Europe = Rothschilds .... as does the Bank of England and the Federal Reserve ...... they are private corporations ... nothing more ...

FA:  I lived in Europe (France) until age 23, and there was plenty of crime there. I actually had many fights there, never did here in the US. Punks had knives, gangsters had guns. Here in the US we almost all have guns

SDL:  I think it is sad. The debate should rather be "how to decrease crime rates" than "how to deal with high crime rates".

MAR:  And there is a difference SDL?

SDL:  yes, education, drugs etc...

FA:  How to decrease crime rate SDL: Man comes into my house, I shoot him, He will no longer commit crimes.
My education has been quite extensive SDL. I don't remember how many times I put down into submission a bully in school. Most of the time, I wasn't even concerned, It just wasn't like me to see a stronger kid push around a weaker one.
That was in France by the way. If anybody was doing something to a weaker kid, I'd intervene and the bigger kid to make me the promise he will not do it again. I didn't have a gun, but I had 6 years of Judo and about 5 of Aikido. As an adult, the threats are becoming a little more dangerous, so a gun is my choice since now at 55 I no longer have the body I used to (I didn't age well, too many injuries). You seem to think Sebastien that the world is rosy, it is not. Try to go in other neighborhoods than the one you are accustomed to (I used to all the time to practice my skills, yes in France). I don't know in what country you live, but in France there was entire neighborhoods were the cops could not go in, so find one like that, go there, and tell me how you feel. By the way, don't believe they stay in their homes all the time, one of these days, even in your place of residence, one will jump someone you know and you will not be able to do anything. No, I don't believe in laying down and wait for the whim of another.

CAT:  By BECOMING violent yourself .. That's like covering yourself with frosting, so you don't become a cupcake. ..

MAR:  ...that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read from you. Well, let me ask you this. WHO do YOU expect to PROTECT you? And with WHAT means? So if a COP protects you with violence, that is OK? And of course the cops life is worth less that yours which is why people like you are willing to have them sacrifice their lives to protect yours. Well, let's all hope that you never HAVE to have your life protected by a cop because the chances of one being there at the time needed is about the same as getting hit by lightning.

ISS:  I see. so, by this logic, CAT .... you expect a criminal to suddenly see the error of his ways because you refuse to defend yourself. Even if he is strung out on angel dust, PCP or heroin. great way to leave your children orphans, if you have any.

SDL:  Violence has never helped solving crime. Period. It cannot. FA, you just killed a man, bravo. Maybe you do not care. MAR that's what I said, you live in fear, you are short-sighted and you do not give a shit about future generations. The military is the main budget in US. Do you imagine what could be accomplished with all these trillions if they would be invested in education, social security, healthcare, etc. Don't you think it would have a better, long-term effect on criminality than just shooting a criminal?
It's the same as with geopolitics. US got the nuclear bomb, then USSR had to have it too, then China, then Israel, then India, therefore Pakistan etc... You are more reasonable than a criminal? Then stop the violence cycle...
PS: I am still waiting for an american citizen to give me a plausible explanation for the fact that among all high-income countries, you have the highest criminality rates, by all standards...

FA:  SDL, I agree that most countries, specifically the US spend way too much money in military and for war. I for myself advocate that all those wars (created for profit) should stop. The US military should leave all foreign bases. Yes, I agree, one bomb can build 5 schools. As far as the right to bear arms in the US, this right we have is to protect ourselves even from government. The founders of this country understood that if only government has weapons, they can dictate all they want to the people. I believe the dictatorship of all governments is about to settle one way or another. The UN wants to take the arms of the American people, it will never happen, we will never lay down and submit. The overall threat does not come from gangster people, it comes from our governments, and that's why we should be able to defend ourselves from tyranny by governments. We the people in the US are the last stand against the elite who want total control over the world, and not for some utopian bliss life. No they want control for the power to enslave us.


Highest criminal rates by all standards? What do you call criminal? Genocides in Africa (Sudan) not criminal? The people Sudan don't have guns, but the criminals do. And I am sure there is much criminality off the record that beats the reported criminality of the US. The US has the largest difference in standards of living in the world, that by it self creates criminals. And, no in the US there is not much of a support system for those in trouble for survival, so they have a tendency to result to criminality. On one side the rich and famous, on the other, over 3 million homeless people. Yeah, that has a tendency of creating havoc. In the US we have 3 million homeless and over 10 million vacant homes. Can you see the disparity of standard of living? Now why is it that the Arab countries have been revolting? For the past 50 years they have been watching on TV the rich and famous (including their Sheiks), when they barely can afford a pair of shoes. Can this entice envy and possibly violence? So there you have it: the US has poor people that have access to guns => easy to act like a criminal.
And in final for SDL, I have never killed anyone, I hope I will never have to. I hope my guns will remain sport items, and not instruments of death. But harm or threaten my family, and I will fight you with all I've got.
I forgot one thing SDL, I have enough training to kill a man with my bare hands in a few seconds. Did I ever kill anyone? NO, and I hope I never will.
I was always taught that the only way to avoid hurting someone was to have enough strength and ability to allow you to submit an individual without injuring them. Martial arts served that purpose. But what can I do against a gun? Therefore I needed a gun. And yes, the weak needs the added strength of a gun.
I believe in God. I do not practice any particular religion. I believe our God is a loving God, who cares for all his children. So, as a child of a loving father, I love all my brothers and sisters from any religion or race. I do NOT believe in Hell, for our father is a forgiving father, as I am for my daughter (I only have one), and my step children (I have a few of those). I believe that humanity will one day forget aggression and will live in peace and love. But until then (the same way that there was a war in Heaven) we need to fight evil, because evil still remains. and until evil is subdued, we must remain vigilant or we will loose. Who do I qualify as evil? All the worshipers of Satan, and they are still live a kicking. Who are they? They are those who crave for power and control. They are the decision makers of this World. They are the oppressors. If one believes such individuals do not exist, they will find out soon enough.
To anyone who advocates that guns are the problem to a peaceful society, I suggest you take a good look at all the ongoing genocides in the World, and ask yourself these questions:

Would genocide occur if there was no guns left on Earth?
Would genocide occur if the recipients of that annihilation  had guns?
Would genocide occur if the people of the World had the courage to take up arms against the aggressors of those countries?
Would genocide have occurred  if the Jews had weapons to fight the Nazis?
Did genocide occur when there was NO guns? 
Would genocide occur if there was no evil?
Should evil remain and be part of our societies?
-->

No comments: