? 2300 BC to 108 BC, was also called Ancient Chosun, saw it's demise and was absorbed through conquest by the Han dynasty of China.
Then began the Era of the Han dynasty commanderies.
The 4 commanderies of Ancient Chosun lasted until a Buyeo prince rebelled against the Han, to liberate the Chosun people from slavery, and revive the old civilization.
From southern Manchuria, rose the Kingdom of Goguryeo.
Goguryeo (37 BC - 668 AD)
Goguryo emerged from the rivalry of princes of Buyeo: Jumong adopted by the King of Buyeo, rebelled against the Han, while his half brother Deseo kept his alliance with the Han in order to secure his future throne as King of Buyeo.
The dramatized series (81 episodes) Jumong depicts the rise of Goguryo, and the first steps of the southern Kingdom of Baekje.
Jumong's Goguryeo began in 37 BC.
The second King's struggles, Yury, the son of Jumong and a princess of Buyeo, is depicted in the 36 episode series: The Kingdom of the Wind.
The Kingdom of the Wind however is about the life of the son of King Yury: Muhyul (legends gallore). Historically, Muhyul expanded or doubled the territories of Goguryeo.
Korean peninsula through history.
- 108 BC end of Gojoseon
- 18 BC to 936 AD: Baekje
- 37 BC to 918 AD: Goguryo
- 57 BC to 938 AD: Silla
- 42 AD to 562: Gaya
- 698 AD to 926: Balhae
- 918 to 1392: Goryo
- 1392 to 1897: Joseon
- 1897 to 1910: Korean Empire
- 1910 to 1945: Japanese Rule
- 1945 end of WWII defeat of Japan, USSR in the North, USA in the South.
- 1948, post WWII, separation of North and South.
Korean Dramas chronological
- **** Jumong. Song Il Kuk; Han Hye Jin; Song Ji Hyo
- ***** Kingdom of the Wind. Song Il Kuk; Choi Jung Won
- *** Ja Myung Go. (자명고) Jung Ryeo Won; Park Min Young; Jung Kyung Ho
- **** Kim Soo Ro (김수로) Birth of the Gaya confederacy. Ji Sung; Seo Ji Hye
- *** Hwarang (화랑) The creation of the Hwarang of Silla. PARK SEO JOON; Go Ah Ra
- ***** Queen Seon Duk (선덕여왕) First Queen of Silla, started unification of the 3 Kingdoms. Lee Yo Won; Go Hyun Jung; Uhm Tae Woong; Shin Se Kyung
- **** The Iron Empress (천추태후) (78 episodes) Goryo during Kithan and Mongol invasions. Chae Si Ra; Kim So Eun
- **** Shin Don (신돈) (61 episodes) during the Mongol control. Son Chang Min; Seo Ji Hye
- ***** Faith (신의) (Fiction) 1300's. Lee Min Ho; Kim Hee Sun
- ***** Six Flying Dragons (육룡이 나르샤) End of Goryo, start of Joseon. Yoo Ah In; Shin Se Kyung
- ***** Tree With Deep Roots (뿌리깊은 나무) Birth of Korean alphabet Hangul. Jang Hyuk; Shin Se Kyung
- ** Rebel: Thief of the People (역적: 백성을 훔친 도적) 1500 Legend. Yoon Kyoon Sang; Chae Soo Bin; Lee Ha Nui
- ***** The Flower in prison. Joseon 1550's. Jin Se-yeon, Go Soo, Kim Mi-sook, Jung Joon-ho, Park Joo-mi, Yoon Joo-hee, Kim Soo-yeon, Jun Kwang-ryul and Choi Tae-joon.
- ***** Dong Yi (동이) 1670 – 1718. Han Hyo Joo; Ji Jin Hee
- **** Sungkyunkwan Scandal (성균관 스캔들) Park Yoo Chun; Park Min Young
- ***** Bridal Mask (각시탈) during the Japanese occupation. Joo Won; Jin Se Yun
- Comrades (전우) Post WWII. Choi Soo Jong; Lee Tae Ran
- ***** Road Number One (로드 넘버원) Post WWII, Rise of Chinese control of North Korea. So Ji Sub; Kim Ha Neul