Tuesday, September 20, 2022

The Bully was Dealt with

Dealing with a bully is not easy to do. But for some like me, it has to be done.
I was a 17 year old teenager. At that time, I was enrolled in a vocational technical school.
I had met a very good friend there, and we decided to go to the movies on a Saturday night.
We rode to the theater on my newly acquired motorcycle. We took our spot in the line to purchase tickets.
As the line advanced and more people came behind us, I noticed ashes in my helmet. We carried our helmets with us.
I shook my helmet upside down to clear them. A few seconds later, I noticed a hand with a cigarette flicking ashes into it.

I turned around to see two adults in their late 20's smiling from ear to ear. The big guy (directly behind me), gave me an upward nod.
I asked: "Could you please be careful and not flick your ashes in my helmet?" And I turned back facing front.
He did it again! I turned back, to hear him say "what are you gona do about it?".
I tapped my friend on the shoulder, and we moved back behind the two towering bullies, as I gestrured them to go in front of us.

Within a few seconds, I felt anger growing in me. My blood was boiling.
With a step forward, I swung my helmet to the back of the head of the 6'6" mountain of a guy.
He dropped forward face first. He was knocked out.

We left the theater without watching a movie. We didn't wait for the police or the ambulance.
All I could think of was "I hope he learned his lesson"


No comments:

Post a Comment