Friday, January 14, 2022

What is the Best way to Die High Blood pressure or Liver failure?

Share your opinion. Your comments are appreciated.
On November 30th I posted this on facebook:
Went to the gastroenterologist yesterday.
And for my birthday he told me I got me self a 'foie gras'.
foie gras = fat liver
As I'm about to go get the blood test the gastro prescribed, I thought of the reason of this 'fat liver',
so I did a little research, and here's what I found:


Lisinopril and Liver Damage

As a drug class, ACE inhibitors have been associated with rare cases of acute liver injury, specifically cholestatic liver injury. However, lisinopril is different from other ACE inhibitors in two ways:

  • Apparent liver injury is more common with lisinopril than other ACE inhibitors.
  • The type of liver injury lisinopril causes is hepatocellular, rather than cholestatic.

Both types of liver injury are serious, but hepatocellular liver injury involves liver cell death and can ultimately be fatal. (Cholestatic liver injury is often self-limiting.) According to the drug labels for Prinivil and Zestril, patients who develop jaundice or drug-induced hepatitis should stop taking the drug and seek help from a medical expert right away.


I happen to have taken 20mg Lisinopril daily for the past 5 years or so.
I have an appointment with the PCP today Jan 14th.
So I'm going to show her the above, and ask her what is the best way to die High Blood pressure or Liver failure?
Gastro appointment on 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment