Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Aftermath of Parkland shooting notes.

His analysis about how to solve the 'rare' occurrences of school massacres, is worthy of any very wise man. Listen to Styx's advice in the video below:


Trump Abandons Disarmament Rhetoric, Sides with Second Amendment



First, he disagrees with the arming the teachers' solution.
When I first heard this proposal thrown around on social media, I also thought it made no sense.

Until I tweeted that "Liberal teachers will be so offended by such solution".
And an ex-military or veteran of the armed forces, replied that not all teachers are Liberals.
That Veteran was a teacher and coach in a High-School. Then, it did change my mind to the fact that if some teachers want conceal carry and are capable, by all means, they should.  All it would take is a withdraw of the Law defining Schools as Gun Free Zones, and instead, schools to enact policies forbidding students from bringing weapons in school.
Liberty, and Rights would then be protected.

I my self was an instructor in a Tech school, and because of the Laws and School policies I was forbidden to take my firearm on school grounds. That included parking lots, and vehicles. Well, since I was always armed, I kept my firearm in my glove compartment, and of course locked the vehicle. But, I also, always parked my vehicle near the door of my room. Had some madman started shooting up the school, I would have made my students exit, and fetched my weapon...
Yes, I disobeyed school policy, and I wonder how many of my colleagues likely did the same.

He goes to say: "Afford an extra officer for the school, instead of one, put two."
This makes total sense, as a day or so after the shooting, a retired Army Veteran of mine commented that HE, would gladly give some of his time for FREE to do his rounds to protect his local school.  Hearing this, I am sure many who served their country would be glad to serve again in a more civil manner, and less life threatening situation.

Compares the times of Then and Now. "Baby boomers carried their rifles to school"
Yes, back then no one had a problem with that, they'd put them in the locker...
Times have changed. Education system has changed. Parenting has changed. Morality has changed. Happiness has changed. So much has...

Teachers are NOT what they were.
Teachers Unions are a defect to improving teaching abilities, by the protection they provide to those unworthy to be.  Teachers used to be very involved in their student's lives, and were genuinely concerned about their students, years ago. Not so much anymore, as most of those careers are now more driven by job security, and financial and social advantages, when at a time, they were driven by a vocation.

Definition of Vocation: a summons or strong inclination to a particular state or course of action; a divine call to the religious life. An entry into the priesthood or a religious order.
Two careers that I recognize were a vocation in the past are now mostly motivated by else: medical field and teaching.

Drugs and Bullying are the cause of the resulting insanity of suddenly becoming killers. How interesting of two careers that were vocations, now allow transformation into insanity.
Teachers only do the job they are told for the pay, and no more. Doctors who medicate without attempting to cure their patients.

Bullying: Here is the part where I say, that because of the times, bullies are now allowed to operate without reprisal.
In my times, bullies eventually got what they deserved. And often the lesson served for those who thought maybe they too?
So what has changed?
Lawsuits for one.
A parent can be sued for his child arranging the behavior of the bully.
What the law would say is: you should have called a teacher, or the police.
Yeah, right.
But the Laws, for some reason do not seem to apply to the side of the bullies.
The threats and small constant bullying is "no big deal". Right?

"Gun Control won't do a thing!"

Some can build their own guns...
England & Australia... no borders, but seas.
We have land borders with drug cartels that would be delighted in trafficking guns to the US...

A MUST HEAR !

No comments:

Post a Comment